Dumpster Day 2017 - SAVE THE DATE!
Contact: Mary Margaret, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Portsmouth & University Park Neighborhoods will hold a Dumpster Day in April. More information coming soon.
NOTE: Restrictions on materials will be STRICTLY ENFORCED this year per Metro.
Prohibited materials, not covered by Metro’s disposal voucher program include all hazardous waste materials; all construction, remodeling or demolition materials (see examples below); all kitchen garbage, residential yard debris and trimmings, and waste and recyclables collected curbside.
EXAMPLES OF HIGH RISK MATERIALS SUSPECTED OF CONTAINING ASBESTOS:
- Flooring: vinyl tiles, vinyl sheet, mastic
- Walls: plaster, decorative plaster
- Siding: cement siding shingles “Transite”
- Ceilings: acoustical tiles, "popcorn” and spray-on texture
- Insulation: spray-applied, blown-in, vermiculite, pipe, HVAC and lagging
- Electrical: wire insulation, panel partitions
- Other: fire doors, fire brick, fire proofing
Come prepared to unload your materials (bring a friend to help).