Neighborhood Clean Up Day
Lead Contact: Erica Timm, Portsmouth Neighbor - firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-310-8101
Saturday, May 3rd is our neighborhood clean up day (also known as dumpster day) from 10am -2 pm. The University Park Neighborhood Association, University Park Business District, and Portsmouth Neighborhood Association are teaming up to provide a disposal site in the parking lot at the Eagles Lodge (corner of North Exeter and N. Lombard).
This event will provide you with a neighborhood drop site for almost all of the items you're trying to rid your house of during your spring cleaning. Our goal is to reuse and recycle as much as possible, so we're working on coordinating with the Rebuilding Center, Far West Fibers, Goodwill and a local non profit or two. We'll also have a dumpster for bulk waste.
Items we'll be accepting include:
- Gently used clothing, household goods and small electronics (working, or non-working) to be donated to Goodwill
- Bulky rigid plastics (broken crates, buckets, lawn furniture, etc.) to be recycled by Far West Fibers - full list of accepted items at the link
- Building materials (lumber, doors, windows, some appliances, etc.) to be reused by the Rebuilding Center - full list of accepted items at the link
- Metal will be collected and recycled
- Bulk waste, and other non-toxic materials that cannot be reused/recycled can be disposed of in the dumpster.
- We will NOT be collecting yard waste this year.
There will be a $5 suggested donation to help us cover the cost of the dumpster rental.
Also, PNA is looking for volunteers to help support this day's event. The current needs include:
- Asssist neighbors in unloading and sorting their spring cleaning items at the event! We'll have two shifts, one from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and one from 12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Transport recyclable/reusable items in your truck or car. Ideally, you'll be able to drop off your vehicle in the morning and come by to make the run at the end of the event, or earlier if it fills up fast! So, times are variable
If you're interested in participating, or just have questions, email email@example.com
Happy Spring Cleaning!